10.20.2008

Ruffled Skirt!

I was inspired by Grand Revival Designs' Ruffled Skirts to finally make one of my own. I know... they're for girls... but they were just so cute!! and so fun! And I bought some super cute fabric that worked perfectly!! I love it. :D

I have only completed one item of clothing since I first started sewing in my Home Economics class in high school... and that was a dress for my prom! ... quite a long time ago! (and I had a lot of help from the teacher)

So, I was very excited to actually finish an item of clothing by myself. I followed Tonya's tutorial here, with a few adjustments to make it fit of course... and here it is:

Some new pretty fabrics combined with some I already had -






This is the first top layer... I forgot to take photos before I started



Second layer...






And modeled by yours truly... :D (please ignore the mess in the background)



Twirling is so instinctive in this skirt!! lol.



Close up of all the layers... can you see the details with the piping. I thought it added a little something extra



also another first: zipper! that was a little tough cause of all the layers... I didn't want the layers to lay flat and make the zipper show too much... so I had to get creative... which meant that the zipper wasn't the prettiest. but it works.





Hope you enjoyed... If you want to give it a try, head over to the tutorial - it's VERY easy... just a bunch of rectangles sewn together. She even uses elastic, so there's no zippers to sew, couldn't be easier! I have many more garments that I've started and have yet to finish... but am hoping to get back to them soon. Especially once we finish painting and putting together the Craft Room. :D yayy.

B.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com