10.21.2008

Oink, Oink! Falling for Pumpkins!

A couple of friends Scott and I met off of the Eagle's message board (where he spends alllllll his free time) invited us to go to a pumpkin patch with them. Which I was VERY excited about since I LOVE PUMPKINS. :)

Christian and April just moved here from Boston. They're really nice... we met up with them at a bar to watch one of the Eagles games last month and found we had a lot in common.

So we met them at the Honeysuckle Hill Pumpkin Farm, which coincidentally, is only a few miles away from the YWAM base... but we didn't know that and didn't have a chance to visit it. :(

But we had a lot of fun at the pumpkin farm... DESPITE the 85 degree heat wave - it was SO HOT!

They had little pig noses for sale... :)



Only... it wasn't a Pumpkin Patch like I though... but a bunch of pumpkins that were already picked... and just placed on the grass.. oh, and they had a price tag on them!! lol. not the natural picking experience I was expecting :( but all the same... it was fun. and hot, very hot.



yes, that's a price tag on there...



Baby white pumpkins are my favorites!



I was playing around with photoshop...



Big white pumpkins are also my favorites...



more photoshop fun:





Baby orange pumpkins are... my second favorites. :)







This is one of the funniest parts of the day: Hillbilly Pig Races!
(notice the orange tree in the background... it's the most orange I've seen so far... :( I thought there was going to be lots of it for fall... but I guess it's not here yet.




This announcer guy had a very thick accent... and was trying to be funny. He kept coming up with names for the pigs... like Swin-ia-twain (Shania Twain), Kevin Bacon, Faith Squeel (Faith Hill)...



These are GIANT pumpkins... they were at least 12 LBS for a small one and up to 35lbs I think...



Check out the 'regular' sized green ones at the bottom



There was this HUGE tire that the kids were swinging on... I don't think I've ever seen one this big (at least one that's not carrying a tractor or 18 wheeler)



Did I mention how HOT it was??

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com